You don’t have to be a Handy Andy to save on auto repairs. That is to say that doing your own auto repairs is not the only way you can reduce auto repair costs. In fact, with today’s high-tech vehicles and all their intricate components it is not a very good idea to attempt a great many repairs on your own. So, how do you reduce auto repair costs the next time you visit an Audi service center in Michigan? Here are just a few of our recommendations.
- Use a reputable auto repair shop: A good auto repair shop will have Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) certified mechanics that are familiar with all car components. Moreover, they should be able to provide you with excellent customer service and be able to explain to you in detail every repair they are about to make and why it is needed. Finally, they should also be willing to back up their work with a warranty. At Autohaus, we service and repair top of the line vehicles for demanding customers and we do it right the first time.
- Take your German car to a Bosch Authorized Service Center: Autohaus was one of the first in the area to become part of the Bosch Service Center certification process. We work hard to maintain the standards set forth by Bosch in order to provide top service for your German vehicle.
- Don’t ignore the check engine light: We know that the check engine light can be frustrating at it does not indicate the specific thing that is wrong with your car. Nevertheless, the longer you ignore this built in feature of every car, the more you could be damaging your engine in some manner. Therefore, take your car to your mechanic the moment you see this warning signal.
- Read your owner’s manual: Don’t ignore this valuable guide to saving on repair cost and extending the life of your vehicle. It can do this by alerting you to your car’s scheduled maintenance. Your owner’s manual can be your best friend and used correctly it could save you quite a bit in repair costs.
- Be proactive with preventive maintenance: An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure and perhaps big bucks back into your pocket. Preventive maintenance will keep your car running smoothly and save you money in the long run.
- Regularly check fluid levels: Low fluid levels can result in all kinds of damage to the engine and other parts of your car. Check these on a regular basis and change them at the first sign they are low or contaminated.
In short, it is well worth it to stay on top of things when it comes to extending the life of your car. Moreover, the above tips will help you do that and at the same time allow you to pocket considerable car repair expenses. Check out our Volkswagen repair service which is complete, thorough and can also help you extend the life of your major investment.
Autohaus Serves the Metro Detroit area, including Warren, Clawson, Ferndale, Madison Heights, Rochester and the surrounding areas. Give us a call to set up an appointment: 248-549-3636